North Country Moose Hunt
Find all sixteen moose for a chance to win a gift basket valued at over $150!
How it Works
Moose Hunt Clues
1. Moose love wading in water. (Moose wading only (available) during open hours - Thursday & Friday 6am to 6pm, Saturday 10 am to 5pm)
2. Follow the bear tracks that lead to our door….when you enter you’ll find “Great Food, Great Spirits” and more! Our moose awaits you behind a gold chain; find him and you’ll know his name! Hours: Wednesday – Sunday 11:30 a.m. - 11 p.m.
3. Everything all Sparkling and Bright on Main Street in West Stewartstown, NH. Available only during the business hours of Monday thru Friday 9-5, Saturday 9-3.
4. I am only around for a few weeks a year in Spring and I'm considered a delicacy. Available during business hours of Tuesday – Saturday 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
5. Whether you want an ice cream cone or juicy pork chop, this location in Columbia is the place to stop. Beef, pork, chicken, sheep, and goats too, we have all the products to make a good stew. If preparing a stew is too long to make, we have a great selection of steak. [Moose only available during store hours, Thurs 12-6, Fri and Sat 12-7]
6. Located just out of town on Rt. 26, this was once a Dairy. So come in and wander around and find our Mystery Moose among our many moose items. Moose Fest Hours: Thurs: 11-5, Fri: 10-5, Sat: 10-3.
7. This moose, like all moose, hangs out in a muck in the forest - different from other moose he likes coffee , tea and sandwiches. Come find me during open hours Thurs - Sat 10:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
8. We recently merged with another company, and are located on MAINE street. Look for the moose in the window.
9. Back in the day, this business had it all, in fact a sign posted there said "If we don't have it you don't need it!" From poop head hats, to hardware, to great food. Great food, drinks and gifts can still be had at this location on the Vermont side of the Connecticut River just over the bridge from North Stratford NH. Moose available during business hours 7am to 7pm Monday-Saturday and 7am to 6pm Sundays.
10. This moose knows the place to be; hottest buns in the North Country; veggies, jam and lemonade; where happiness is homemade. Hours: Thursday – Monday 8 a.m. – 7 p.m.
11. You can’t bowl here but this northern spot will fill the bowl with your favorite choice. Thursday – Saturday 12 – 9 p.m.
12. You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy local and that’s kind of the same thing! Buy local and find happiness at this indoor farmstand. Visit during business hours: Tues – Fri. 9-5; Saturday & Mon 9-2.
13. Where would you go to “Rock” the wilds? Visit during business hours Sunday –Saturday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
14. Where do you go when you need a haircut for your anniversary date and a sweater for your sweetie? Monday – Friday 9 – 5; Saturday 9-3
15. We have the ‘Sweetest’ Moose on Route 114, look for him inside our cafe during business hours. Sunday: 10 am – 3 pm; Mon & Wed – Sat: 10 am -5 pm; Tuesday: Closed.
16. For 95 years we've specialized in the groceries your family needs. Whatever you are looking for, you'll find it here. Visit during business hours Monday-Saturday 8 AM to 8 PM, Sunday 9 AM to 5PM.
Need help? Try Chamberofthenorthcountry.com (or Google!).
Submitting Your Entry
Send all sixteen moose names AND your contact information (name and phone) to firstname.lastname@example.org use the subject line North Country Moose Hunt or bring a sheet of paper with the information to the Chamber’s Booth at the Moose Festival.
Deadline for entries is Saturday, August 25th at 8 pm.